BTEC - Higher National Certificate in Business
Accredited by Pearson International (previously known as Edexcel) to conduct the internationally recognized Pearson specially designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of students who wish to obtain a job oriented qualification and cater to the demands of the dynamic corporate world. ACBT’s experience in operating for 19 years and its highly experienced HND lecture panel take great pride in creating a new generation of professionals who are ready to hit the ground running.
The HNC Higher National Certificate provides direct entry into HND Higher National Diploma.
- Globally recognized qualification
- Equivalent to 1st year of a UK Honours Degree
- Experienced Lecturer Panel
- Flexible Payment Plans
- No Exams – only assignments
- Be competitive in the job market
- Friendly and supportive learning environment
BTEC Higher Nationals consists of Core units, Special units and Optional units.
- Core and Special units are mandatory
- Special units are designed to provide a specific occupational focus to the qualifications and are aligned to Professional Body standards
All units are usually 15 credits in value, or multiple thereof.
Pearson BTEC Level 4 - Higher National Certificate in Business
HNC is a level 04 qualification made up of 120 credits. This is made-up of 08 units, each with a value of 15 credits. It is usually studied in full – time over one year, or part time two years.
|Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business||Unit Credit||Level|
|Core Unit Mandatory||Business and the Business Environment||15||4|
|Core Unit Mandatory||Marketing Essentials||15||4|
|Core Unit Mandatory||Human Resource Management||15||4|
|Core Unit Mandatory||Management and Operations||15||4|
|Core Unit Mandatory||Management Accounting||15||4|
|Core Unit Mandatory||Managing a successful Business Project||15||4|
|Select 02 Optional Units from the below table.|
|Optional Unit||Business Law||15||4|
|Optional Unit||Innovation & Commercialization||15||4|
|Optional Unit||Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management||15||4|
|Optional Unit||Financial Accounting||15||4|
Pearson Education Ltd
Pearson BTEC Level 4-Higher National Certificate in Business
Qualifications are awarded following the decision of the Assessment Board held by ACBT and the Verification of the Pearson External Verifiers.
Conditions for the Award
To achieve a Pearson BTEC HNC qualification a student must have:
- Completed units equivalent to 120 credits at level 4;
- Achieved at least a pass in 105 credits at level 4;
Program Entry Requirements and Admissions
BTEC –HNC & HND Programme
- Min. of 2 passes at GCE Advanced Level or
- A BTEC Level 3 Qualification or equivalent any other - related Level 3 Qualifications
- An access to Higher Education Certificate awarded - by an approved further education institute or
- NVQ Level 4 certificate or Foundation program
- A recognized Diploma of 4 – 8 months duration or
- Related work experience
English Language Requirement
Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications are both taught and assessed in English. Following qualifications are required for non-native English speakers
- Final 02 years of schooling in English medium
- Non-native English speaking students who does not come under above should demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to
- IELTS 5.5 (Reading & Writing at 5.5)
- PTE 51
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR ) level B2
- A credit pass at GCE (O’ Level )
- A pass at GCE (A’ Level)
- Or equivalent
Recognition of Prior Learning
Is a method of assessment that considers whether students can demonstrate that they can meet the assessment requirements for a unit through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess and so do not need to develop through a course of learning.
Please refer to the policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), which you can find at qualifications.pearson.com/policies